Many business owners have been encouraged to divert their marketing budget online. They started investing money on website development, promoting business through social network sites and other online marketing strategies they were told to bring in result. But, do they really help businesses? For businesses that intend to go online, website is important. As many business consultants and experts believe in, businesses, even small enterprises; must have a presence in the Internet for the following reasons:
- People are now connected online and the net has been part of their lives. So, if you want to find leads, be online!
- Customers find businesses with website more accessible than those without. As a result, they tend to look for those companies that are visible in the net.
- The net offers various marketing tools that are not available offline, the good thing is that they are more cost-effective.
However, not all businesses with websites perform that well. But, only few may understand what is really happening in their site. They thought that since they have a business website, they are already visible in the Internet and people could easily find them and know their brands. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
In order to improve a website’s performance, there are certain things that the owner must do. First and foremost, there should be a metric to measure the performance of the website. An objective or set of objectives for setting up the website must also exist. In terms of reporting, the following must be given careful attention:
- The overall traffic;
- the cost of acquiring customers;
- number of repeat visitors;
- number of new visitors, and
- how effective the channel is
When all these things have been measured, the website owners must design steps for improvement. Since, online marketing is not as easy as it sounds or appears to be, website owners must plan carefully for this
Techniques in improving a website’s performance include the following:
- Trying out new sets of keywords
- Reconsidering SEO approach
- Trying out new landing pages
- Posting fresh contents
- Using social media
- Nurturing leads
As a recap, it is a must for businesses to review their marketing strategies online. Most especially, they need to have a set of objectives and indicators to measure the performance of the sites. The thing is that there are already basic and general features that website owners must look at as they measure the performance of their online site.